What to Expect with Medicare
Medicare in a nutshell, is the largest health insurance program in the country that was designed to cover seniors and individuals with disabilities. This program provides excellent coverage to people who are Medicare Eligible. Medicare eligibility is usually determined off several main factors:
- Age (65 or older)
- Disability: you have been disabled for 24 months
- ESRD: you have been diagnosed with end stage renal disease
(permanent kidney failure)
Medicare has several different
which make up the program
- Part A (Hospital Insurance) helps cover inpatient care in hospitals. It also helps cover skilled nursing facilities, hospice, and home health care.
- Part B (Medical Insurance) helps cover doctors’ services, outpatient care, and home health care. This part of Medicare also helps cover some preventive services to help maintain your health and to keep certain illnesses from getting worse.
- Part C (Medicare Advantage Plans) is a health coverage option run by private insurance companies approved by and under contract with Medicare. This program includes Part A, B, and usually prescription drugs. When you are in a MA plan that plan is responsible for paying your Part A & B services and you may be restricted to a network like an HMO or PPO.
- Part D (Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage) is a prescription drug option run by private insurance companies approved by and under contract with Medicare. These plans help cover the cost of your prescription drugs.
There is also supplemental Medicare insurance commonly referred to as a Medigap plan. The plans fill the gaps in Original Medicare and cause you to have less out of pocket expenses. These plans run off the Medicare network (unless you choose a select plan) so you will not be required to only see certain physicians to receive coverage. You are entitled to go to any doctor that accepts Medicare.
Medicare insurance can be confusing at times, but it is truly a fantastic service for those who are eligible. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call MWG
at 877.759.5760 or email us at email@example.com